As a strong DTM partner, Bosch has supplied manufacturers with winning technology for more than 20 years.
The partnership between Bosch and the DTM goes way back to the year 2000. Since then, Bosch has been the exclusive supplier of engine management, driver’s displays and much more. Every day we strive to enhance the performance of the race cars for a vigorous competition, giving everyone involved a spectacular experience.
A perspective into the endurance of a DTM car.
Let’s take a deeper look into the things that a DTM race car has to endure.
Discover Bosch technology for cutting edge performance.
As an exclusive supplier, we channel all of our motorsport passion into delivering winning technology. That’s why we develop products that perfectly meet the requirements specifications of a DTM race car.
Engine Control Unit MS 7.4
The MS 7.4 manages gasoline systems reliably from a solid milled aluminum housing, featuring a digital processing core with floating-point arithmetic and a high-end FPGA for ultimate performance and flexibility.
Manages gasoline engines up to 12 cylinders
- Integrated high-pressure injection control and power stages for injectors, multi-injection
- Integrated ignition control and power stages
- Low pressure injection control for engines up to 12 cylinders
- Integrated cylinder pressure measurement
- Data logger included
Features a powerful digital processing core and a high-end FPGA for ultimate performance and flexibility
- Flexible design allows support for complex or unusual engine or chassis configurations
Display DDU 10
High brightness 7‘‘ full color display with a data logging system for motorsport applications
- Individual design of 12 fully configurable display pages
- User interface menu: the user can run various operations without having to connect a laptop to the DDU 10.
- Vibration-resistant thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD)
- 20 fully configurable (RGB) LEDs
PowerBox PBX 190
An intelligent control and distribution unit for the electric grid in a race car. Capable of replacing all conventional relays, fuses and circuit breakers as well as many wires.
- Replaces all conventional relays, fuses and circuit breakers
- Simplifies wiring harnesses
- Provides diagnostic capabilities
- Easy programming of complex functions via integrated PBX software
- Precision current measurement
- 250 A continuous current
High-pressure Fuel Pump HDP 5
A compact high-pressure single piston pump. The design allows for a high delivery volume as well as high efficiency.
- High delivery volume as well as high efficiency, e.g. max. 350 bar in DTM
- Modifications in the number of cam lobes and cam lifts allow different flow requirements to be addressed
- Integrated demand control for metering the amount of fuel supplied into the high-pressure fuel system
High-pressure Injection Valve HDEV 5.2
A high-pressure injector developed to be used as a port or a direct injector.
- Metering out fuel and obtaining a well-defined mixture of fuel and air
- Inward opening solenoid injector is optimized for very short opening and closing times and ensures a very stable linearity at short injection times
- High spray variability concerning spray angle (8 to 20°) and spray shape, whereas the spray targeting design can be individualized according to the specific customer requirements
- The flow rate can be defined within a wide range; reference flow rate at 100 bar: up to 1,640 g/min (n-heptane)